Sunday 30 March 2008
I was going to change the frame colour to Black like the sample photo of this chart.
But this is a ready-made frame and there were glass which I couldn't take off, so didn't change the colour...
So this frame colour is just as it was...
Actually this ready-made frame is for Japanese art, like below...
It says... "Go for your dream..." something like that in Japanese, with 8 small birds. isn't it cute??

By the way, there were blank areas at both top and bottom of this stitched piece, when I put it into this frame.
I thought a lot what to do next... and a few ideas were floating in my mind, I didn't know whether it would be sucseed or not, but I have just tried!

There were about 3cm depth in this frame, so I made the two lines with small pine cones for these blank area .
Why didn't I just put (glued) them on the stitched piece???

I'm typically a fickle person (lol), so I will definitely change my mind someday in the near future!
That's why I made this as easily attached or removed. LOL

I know myself well! lol
I added them this time, but sometimes I felt like attaching linen laces on it, I can easily remove these pine cones! (lol)
It's a nice idea, isn't it?!


Well, here is a close up photo of this "Autumn Medley".

I wanted to change the frame colour, but it's still nice in a natural colour frame, don't you think so? There are so many kind of oblong designs © Heart in Hand, so I think it would be nice to add some seasonal designs and change it when the next season has come!



"Autumn Medley" © Heart in Hand
32ct Belfast Linen (Platinum)

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Yuko at 08:18 |


4 Comments:


At 30 March 2008 at 10:17, Blogger Nicki

Yuko - it looks amazing! I love the idea of using the same frame and changing it for the seasons, and the pine cones add a really special touch. Well done! :)

 

At 30 March 2008 at 18:27, Blogger Irene

Wonderful finish ! Love the frame.

 

At 5 April 2008 at 00:43, Blogger Dolci Fusa

So nice!
Congrats!
Veronica

 

At 19 April 2008 at 08:03, Blogger Sonda

It looks wonderful! I like the framing you did, too. Makes it special!!